Re: Historic Jesus

Aug 06, 1996 05:18 AM
by Ann E. Bermingham

JHE:
> That the star is seen rising in the east
>fits this event okay, but according to your quote from Matthew,
>"the star went before them, till it came and stood over where the
>young child was."   That means that the star rose in the East,
>took a hard left to the South and settled over Bethlehem.  For
>any astronomical object or phenomena to act in this manner is
>absolutely unprecedented.  If it had occurred, one wonders why
>such a spectacular event was not recorded all over the world.

Due to my fiction research, one answer came immediately to mind - a spaceship
moving under its own power.

There are ufologists who have written whole books explaining various biblical
phenomenom on extrarrestrial activity.  While the hard evidence for this is slim
to none, it does make for an interesting sidebar in these types of discussions.

-Ann E. Bermingham