Re: Freedom of Thought

Aug 04, 1996 09:11 AM
by m.k. ramadoss

On Sat, 3 Aug 1996, Maxim Osinovsky wrote:

> Hello Sy:
>
> What you wrote about--I mean those expulsions--disturbs me very much, partly
> because I am an Alice Bailey student, but mostly because I hate
> restrictions of freedom.

Maxim:
There were a lot of messages here at the time the bylaws were voted on in
December 1995.

Regarding the cancellation of charters, no one has questioned whether
anyone has broken any bylaws. It is not the issue.

When anyone wanted to find out about the cancellations, I have not seen
any specific information coming forth. It is this kind of secrecy why
certain decision was taken is raising questions. Why secrecy? What is the
problem in laying facts in the open.

Before the advent of Internet, what is happening in one part of the
country or one part of the world no one (I mean ordinary members like
many of us here) outside that particular area knew. For example when
there were problems in Yugoslavia, the members in Denmark knew about it
only after two years; yes two years.

Internet is shining a lot of light and with almost instant communication,
things are going to change, whether one likes it or not.

In the 1900 letter to Mrs. Besant, Master KH, put out a warning that
unnecessary secrecy has killed many organizations. I think this is very
interesting. Whether one believes in the letter or the author, I think
the statement may have some relevance to TS.

    Peace to all living beings.

    M K Ramadoss