Re: TS yoga

Jul 26, 1996 04:28 PM
by Ann E. Bermingham

Frank:
> I would be very
> interetsed in your take on Cayce's persona. Was he just goofing on everybody
or
> was he really a back country hog sticker who periodically "fell out" and
> sleep-talked surprisingly spiritual things.

It occurred to me some time ago that Cayce's persona was just the right one to
appeal to most ordinary people.  His language was fairly simple and he was a
regular guy, who loved his family, made a living as a photographer, ate pig's
knuckes and liked games.  His paranormal abilites just made him interesting
enough to catch the media's attention and then the public's.

A short while back, someone (probably JHE) said that HPB wrote to get the
attention of the intellectuals of her time and get them interested in occultism.
I offer the theory that Cayce incarnated to reach millions of regular Americans.

I once had a guru that said he though the Beatles incarnated to bring Eastern
thought to the Western world.  First they were amazingly popular, then they got
hooked up with an Indian guru and brought some Indian music to the pop scene
(Ravi Shankar).  I'm not saying it's true, but it's an interesting idea.

- Ann E. Bermingham