Re: Teachings

Jul 25, 1996 09:44 AM
by Ann E. Bermingham

Chuck:
>I define religion as institutionalized spirituality, and those who ascribe to
>it should be.. .

Consider the possibility that those who ascribe to religions are *already* in
institutions.  confinements made by mutual agreement and based on exchange.
Peace of mind and instruction in God's laws for donations and volunteer time at
bingo games.  Of course, there's that slight charge of one's freedom, as well.
But some people want the rules listed and spelled out for them.  For them,
freedom is a frightening thing.

Where do I speak from?  From being raised in the Roman CAtholic church, but
always being a Teflon Catholic.  Most of it slid right off of me.  I always
liked the rituals, though.

- Ann E. Bermingham