Re: Usenet Search Engine

Jul 12, 1996 11:43 AM
by m.k. ramadoss

On Fri, 12 Jul 1996, Shaman wrote:

> > Hi
>
> Hi...
>
> > To do the searches you need a browser like Netscape etc. With the browser,
> > just go to:
> >
> > 	http://www.dejanews.com/
>

> You don't have to have a browser for this. You can use lynx as well.
> At your command line in the unix shell, you can do this:
>
> lynx www.dejanews.com
>

> > and that is all to it.
>

> Yes.
>

> > Enjoy the search engine.
>

> It is also really useful for seeing if there are any responses to
> your posts without having to call up each newsgroup. At the search
> line, put your own email address and they will all come up. The
> fact that you are probably quoted in any reply, it will bring
> up the replies as well.
>
> Hopefully, today will be a little more active on this list? Eh?
> Eh? It was *dead* yesterday!
>
> bcs
> -- --
> Baltimore Chessman-Sweeney                     "I strive to be the person
>                                                 my dog thinks I am."
> e-mail: shaman@primenet.com
>         balto1@rtd.com

	I had on one occassion almost missed a response to my message as
my ISP did not pick up the message. But I found it on dejanews and
responded. Thanks for additional information.

	A very interesting feature is getting a statistics on a
particular poster. From the poster profile one can go the messages as well.
The dejanews is fun to use.

    Peace to all living beings.

    M K Ramadoss