Re: Welcome

Jul 06, 1996 00:53 AM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 07:41 PM 7/5/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Alex,
>No you never told me the story and my experience with geneoloy is that it is
>rather diffictult to get anything accurate that far back unless you're a
>merovingian and even there some gaps appear.
>someday I must consult a Mormon on that.
>
>Chuck
>
>Chuck: Non e difficile por uno Romano! Duilio, il Conte Canu  is a member
of the oldest extant family in Italy (The Canii), they take precedence over
both the Sforzi and the Collonae, next to them the Borhgese's are peasants.
The went from Senatore to Comites and from there to conte. It's a family
title not a territorial title.

Now, I can trace my family back to the Memorializes by ten different lines
of descent, but also to Wulf d'Este, Dux Carinthius in the 6th century, and
further back still to the Anicii who were one of the founding gens of Rome.
(that's 637 B.C.E.) I only have to go back 5 generations (to Francis-Joseph
of Hapsburg-Lorraine) and we arrive at the House of Hapsburg-Lorraine and
that does it all.

alex