Re: Welcome

Jul 04, 1996 09:10 AM
by Drpsionic

Alex,
The only reason the British kept the monarchy was that the kings were
dullards.  And you're right, when George was functioning, he was brilliant,
albeit very thrifty and with an incredibly unattractive queen (Victoria must
have got her genes).
But I will admit that I have always been partial to George IV.  He was a
lousy king, but he really knew how to party.

Chuck