Re: Life on Mars

Jun 30, 1996 12:17 PM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 05:59 AM 6/30/96 -0400, you wrote:
>In message <lnDnrQAzAB1xEwC+@nellie2.demon.co.uk>, "Dr. A.M.Bain"
><guru@nellie2.demon.co.uk> writes
>>Leadbeater lied about his age, causing many of his followers to
>>attribute to him a vitality associated with "Occult Adepts,"
>>when in fact he pretended to be seven years older than he
>>actually was.  Prior to Tillet's reproduction of his birth
>>certificate, sources give his birthdate as 17 February 1847.
>>
>>[Adapted from my "Bishops Irregular" 1985, Bristol, England].
>>
>>(A.M.Bain)
>>
>>He was, at one time, expelled from the Adyar based Theosophical
>>Society
>
>Correction: he resigned following an official enquiry headed by Colonel
>Olcott.
>
>Alan
>---------
>THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL:
>Ancient Wisdom for a New Age
>TI@nellie2.demon.co.uk
>http://www.garlic.com/~rdon/TI.html
>
>I have a question: In the end result, or product, how does a "forced
resignation" differ from an "expulsion"? I realize that a "forced
resignation" usually is done to prevent an "expulsion" but basically there's
only a semantic difference.The result is the same and the motivation is
usually to "save face" on either or both "sides". If it hadn't been for Mrs.
Besant's need to "save face" he probably would have been expelled with no
prospect of re-call. But he should have been jailed.  Nowadays, what's
called "improper touching" get's the "toucher" twenty years!

alexis