Indian temperament

Jun 28, 1996 09:53 AM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

In message <Pine.BSD/.3.91.960627210322.12557A-100000@matrix.eden.com>,
"m.k. ramadoss" <ramadoss@eden.com> writes
>This has led to a very unique characteristic of thinking men and women of
>India. If you put ten of them in a room and ask them to come up with a
>solution for a problem or plan for a project, then will rarely come up
>with one. But they are going to come up with 100 different ones.

I have long had a fond corner for the temperament of the Indian people.
One time I saw some books advertised in another book which had been
donated to me, and had been published in Trichur.

I wrote to the Author/publishers asking for English prices of six other
books I was interested in.  There was no reply, but about 2 weeks later,
all six books arrived in a parcel smothered in low value Indian stamps;
no invoice, just the books.

I worked out the English equivalent of the cost of the books plus the
postage, and sent a check for the money, at the same time asking for a
further six books.

I have never heard from them since ....

Alan
---------