Re: Theosophy for Beginners is True Too

Jun 27, 1996 06:05 PM
by Jerry Schueler

Doss:
> Can you elaborate on this statement?

	It didn't come out the way I intended.  I mean
that most people today require more logic and reason
than those who are willing to accept beliefs; or that
science is stronger today than religion.  Religious
people are willing to accept karma as a law of
justice, of rewards and punishments in the same
way a Christian accepts justice after death in a
heaven or hell.  Most people today no longer accept
faith in a transpersonal deity or principle to bring
about justice in an after-death life when it is obviously
apparent that there is no justice here in this one.  But
this should not mean that we have to throw out the
doctrine of karma.  Karma does not dispense rewards
or punishments--it only looks that way to our human
minds.

	Jerry S.
	Member, TI