Re: THEOSOPHY AS A PROCESS

Jun 24, 1996 07:10 PM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

In message <2.2.32.19960624184931.006d64d8@pop.slip.net>, alexis
dolgorukii <alexei@slip.net> writes
>It also means to go out and try to end oppression and
>tyranny and injustice and prejudice. That's what I do, and let the "good
>thoughts" sort of float around as they wish. Now if that kind of action is
>the RESULT of a positive thought pattern, and it most likely is, then that's
>fine. But it's the result of an insensible thought pattern and not sitting
>down and STRIVING to "think good thoughts".
>See what I mean?

I see what you mean, so for "insensible thought pattern," read "good
thoughts."  OK? :-). Striving to think "Good Thoughts" is plain crazy.
You either get 'em or you don't.  If I see someone in pain, and it makes
*me* hurt, why, that's a "good thought" too if I share the pain and feel
compassion.  Etc ....

Alan
---------
THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL: