Re: How many Theosophists?

Jun 23, 1996 03:04 PM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

So ... take out the 30,000 members in India, what hevae we left?  Say
5,000 in the US, 1,500 in the UK - how many anywhere else?  It could be
that the non-Indian contingent is a slow as 10,000.

In message <2.2.32.19960623071814.006b9ac8@pop.slip.net>, alexis
dolgorukii <alexei@slip.net> writes
>As to Theosophists; that's a tall order. I am told by Chuck Cosimano that
>there are 30,000 members in India (and believe it or not they are not ALL
>related to Radha Burnier) The TSA has, I am told some 5,000 members, the UTA
>is a problem because they have no members (they say) and no dues, and no
>organization. But Jerry E-H says they probably have about 1,000. The
>Pasadena group has even fewer (there are only 3 members in the entire San
>Francisco Bay area which contains over 5 million people), and most of the
>other national sections are under a thousand members each, so I think a
>rough estimate of 50,000 members is pretty fair. And so if we just "even it
>out": fifty thousand out of 5.5 billion is so tremendously insignificant
>it's amazing.

It's time to sign up for ...
---------
THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL: