Re: Core Teachings

Jun 18, 1996 11:44 AM
by Jerry Schueler

Alexis:
>Now it seems to me that Daniel Caldwell will accept no "supporting
>arguments" that are not quotes from "Theosophical Literature". These I am
>not willing to use as I believe a good deal of "Theosophical Literature" to
>be on the level of Sunday School Homilies.
	You are obviously referring to karma as a dispenser of
rewards and punishments.  I agree.  There is no difference at all
between karma defined this way, and God writing good and bad
marks after our name in his Book.  Another homily is the notion
of the Akashic Records that record everything done on Earth, and
all we need do is review the Records to find what really happened.
This is simplistic garbage given out for children.  It also allows
for a special priviledged class of "priests" who can read those
Records.  Karma and the Akashic Records are a whole lot more
complicated than the literature would have us believe.

	Jerry S.
	Member, TI