Re: The Spirit of Theosophy

Jun 17, 1996 12:06 PM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 01:41 PM 6/17/96 -0400, you wrote:

>Alexis is misqouting me, probably on purpose. I never used the words
>"religious conversion". Here is what I wrote

My filter program has obviously malfunctioned, but that allows me to
respond. As I see it, I did NOT misquote you, "On Purpose" or otherwise.
I see no real difference between a "Religious Conversion" and a "Spiritual
Conversion". It is the word "conversion" that makes the difference. It is
also how you respond to things that makes the difference to me. It seems to
me that you have simply gone from one form of authoritarianism to another.
It seems to me that your approach to "spirituality" is the same as your
approach to political systems, you are one of those who wants to impose your
beliefs on others. I see no real difference in one who says "I want to do
the Masters work" and a born-again Christian, or a fervent follower of the
gospel according to Karl Marx. "Core Theosophy" is as authoritarian, and
therefore, is every bit as oppressive as is Roman Catholicism or Marxism.
What I have seen in my short experience of Bjorn Roxendal is that he is a
"true Believer" and "true believers" always oppress or attack those who
disagree with them. You complain that I tend to base my arguments on "here
and now" factuality. But that is the only basis on which people can work
intelligently. "Beliefs" are never truly valid besides for argument.

alexis dolgorukii, member T.I., FTSA