Re: Ruminations

Jun 01, 1996 00:52 AM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 08:26 PM 5/31/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Mea culpa - I have not paid yur opus the attention it deserves.  I will
>go to the section you metion and read up your comments.  Before so
>doing, I would mention en passant that my own opinion (to date) is that
>there never was a "sect" of Essenes per se in the sense that the
>Therpeutae seem to have been ... but I anticipate.
>
>Alan
>---------
>THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL:
>Ancient Wisdom for a New Age
>TI@nellie2.demon.co.uk
>http://www,garlic.com/~rdon/TI.html

Alan:

I don't thing it's proper to call the Theraputae a "sect" either. They were
a community or sodality of like minded people. I do believe they provided
the initial inspiration for the people who became the Essenes who were also
a community or sodality of like-minded people. The Theraputae were folks who
took to the Deserts beyond Sais to escape the monstrous sink of decadence
that Egypt had become by that time in history. I think we're going to have
some lovely talks on this subject. You do agree that Pythagoras's Krotona
Sodality bore very strong resemblances to the theraputae. I find it also
very intriguing that the most modern research links Pythagoras with the
Celts and Druids. Have you seen this research?

I am going to send you a personal post on a subject that involves the psychic.

alexis