Re: T.S. in a Rut

May 31, 1996 07:18 AM
by Bjorn Roxendal

At 09:15 PM 5/29/96 -0400, you wrote:

>Chuck:
>
>I'd agree that it is in a rut. But I think that the problem is
>that it stops short of being a spiritual organization, of making
>some living connection with the Mysteries. It remains a book
>study club, and does not serve the spiritual needs of its
>members or its community.

Seems like you see this clearly. Perhaps it is likely to remain a book study
club. To transform it to an organization that would serve the spiritual
needs of its members would take a new impulse from the sponsoring masters.
If that occurred, it would probably not be recognized as such by the
leadership, or a majority of the members, so, what can be done?

>The only people that I'd expect to be scared by change are
>those that aren't open to it in themselves. This is not
>fear of the psychic, nor fear of science, nor fear of
>meditation -- it's fear of *opening up* and engaging the
>inner process of self-genesis.

Bjorn

roxendal@alpinet.net