Re: Ruminations

May 31, 1996 00:48 AM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 07:56 PM 5/30/96 -0400, you wrote:
>In message <2.2.32.19960530182716.006b2718@mail.slip.net>, alexis
>dolgorukii <alexei@slip.net> writes
>>
>>All the "good" that can be discovered in Christianity can be traced back
>>through the Essenes to the actual source which are the Therapeutae.
>
>Demonstrate this claim?
>
>Alan
>---------
>THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL:
>Ancient Wisdom for a New Age
>TI@nellie2.demon.co.uk
>http://www,garlic.com/~rdon/TI.html
>
>Alan:

I don't think you want me to actually demonstrate it, but I discuss it
rather fully in the book of which you have an un proofed and entirely
preliminary copy. It's in the section on Xtianity and can be found in the
table of contents. Read it and if you have any further questions I'll be
happy to oblige within the limits of the possibility of so doing. I'd
suggest this though: Look at the Theraputae (and the Krotona sodality has to
be included in their number) and compare them to the Essenes. The Theraputae
came first and the Essenes followed after but except for the "Jewishness" of
the Essenes, the basics are almost identical, are they not?

alexis