Re: Discussions

May 31, 1996 00:26 AM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 04:08 PM 5/30/96 -0400, you wrote:

Bjorn:

I have a question for you. Are the adepts aware you're "their" Chela? A
person can be Chela to only one Master Teacher. Second I'd like to point out
that no real Chela ever mentions their status. Blavatsky was an adept not a
chela so her mentioning herself in terms implying she was "only" a Chela,
was essentially a "blind". People who claim to be Chelas are usually on an
ego trip.

It is also absolutely clear that you are unaccustomed to America and
American ways. We are not authoritarian, we do not permit authoritarian
attitudes in our society, and we are almost religious in our devotion to
freedom of expression. Anything which even hints of censorship, as you
clearly did, is anathema to us. When it is all "boiled down" this list and
alt. theosophy are essentially democratic and free speech phenomena, and
will so remain.

alexis dolgorukii