apology for neglect; back from the dead

May 30, 1996 07:44 PM
by John E. Mead

hi -

i just recovered from an illness and wanted to let people know that
i am back on-line.  Thanks for the "get-well" messages from various
people.

it is going to take me a while to get back up to speed on e-mail.
I had to download over 6000 messages and am just now getting
around to working on some needed additions, fixing problems etc.

a couple of comments:

1)  it would be appreciated if people would keep e-mail discussions
on the theos-xxx lists related to theosophy and theosophical ideas etc.
I realize that theosophy covers everything, but please be courteous to
others' time and resources.

2)  i really had created theos-news to be a "non-discussion" list.
The concept was for it to be a way to distribute information regarding
theosophical events, happenings, resources etc. to the entire community
without duplicating the e-mail across all of the lists.  kinda like
an announcement board at large conventions and gatherings.  The
commentary and discussion being held at/in the individual gathering rooms.

my mistake was that news and commentary were easily separated :-)

Theos-l has always served as a good soapbox;  do we need a theos-politics
now too   =8-}   !!

well... it is nice to be back!

I just got back from the Mid-South Federation meeting of the TSA.
We all had a good time!

peace -

john e. mead