Re: Munchkins

May 28, 1996 10:52 PM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 06:57 PM 5/28/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Bjorn,
>The sad truth is that right now the TS is stuck in a serious rut.  It cannot
>break new ground without scaring the little old ladies half to death and if
>it doesn't do it quick it won't be around to worry about it.
>My personal feeling (and Eldon is going to have heart failure on this) is
>that our best course is to burn the Chohan's letter, which is probably a
>fraud anyway, and aggressively pursue the third object.
>The only bright spot in the TS sky is the teaching of therapeutic touch,
>which is clearly a third object activity and never fails to bring crowds in.
>
>Chuck MTI, FTSA
>
>chuck: It is not "probably a fraud" it is CLEARLY a fraud, as is the title
that signs it. As to Therapeutic Touch, it's taught in every single school
of nursing in the country today, and the word "Theosophy" is never mentioned
in connection with it. So it's hardly a "bright spot in the TS sky". It
could have been if it had been handled right, but as usual, it wasn't, so
the TS gets almost no credit at all.

In addition, I don't know about you but it takes me about 90 seconds to
teach therapeutic touch, and anyone, who wants to, and cares about others,
can do it. Don't have to be "pure", don't have to be vegetarian, don't HAVE
to be anything at all except a caring person who sincerely WANTS to help others.

alexis