Re: the challenge of alt.theosophy (reply to Chuck)

May 26, 1996 04:12 PM
by Drpsionic

Eldon,
I've been trying to post something on it, but the system for some reason does
not want posts from the web and my servers haven't picked the group up yet.
I would expect there will be a balance develop between those who wish to
emphasize the core writings and those who have broader view of theosophy.
 And I don't mean that in any perjorative sense, merely that there are
different approaches and that is the best way to describe them.  We will
undoubtedly see both.
I felt it important to invite John Algeo to post on the newsgroup because I
did not want him to feel like we were doing a total end run around the TS.
 And he does have insights which are of value and would be of great benefit
to those who read the list as do the other board members.
There is another concern here as well.  I know all too well that some of the
posters to the newgroup will be folks with axes to grind and we have a
history in the TS of washing our dirty linen in public.  I have been
disturbed by the tendency to one-sidedness concerning the powers-that-be on
this list, verging towards paranoia (remember the flap about poor David
Bruce) at times.  I really want to prevent that sort of thing on the
newsgroup and the only way to do that is to get all sides to post.
Now all I have to do is get on the damned thing!

Chuck