meandering

May 24, 1996 08:05 PM
by john antonio proietti

Hi all,

An intereting thing about my up and coming poetry reading and painting
exhibition.  When I told the powers that be that the presentation was
entitled:  'Music of the Spirit' (poetry) / 'Visions of the Soul' (paintings)
- I was told, "We don't want any controversy."   "Can you tie it in with the
Olympics."
     Apparently, they (powers that be) don't realize that the title Olympics
comes from Mount Olympus - home of the gods !  And this is the "educated" -
of this community.  Of course I can tie it in with the Olympics - Greek
Mythology is a major element in the foundation of my work.  And even if none
of you find this amusing, I am  H Y S T E R I C A L (such a theraputic
laughing 'jag').

John Antonio Proietti