Re: alt.theosophy

May 24, 1996 10:59 AM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 06:00 AM 5/24/96 -0400, you wrote:
Murray:

Once again thanks for a thoughtful posting. Yes, it was just that activity
that Alt.Theosophy was started to provide. A place where people can say
anything they want to say without fear of censure or being told "that's not
appropriate to this group".

People really need to be able to discuss their paranormal experiences (by
whatever term they choose to call them) in a non-judgemental atmosphere. I
know that, even as accustomed as I am to openness in this regard, I was
taken aback, no shocked, at the implication that psychism and psychosis were
linked. That is the sort of thing that keeps people who are not as "up
front" as I am, from ever talking about their experiences. And nothing is
more important for people who are new to the paranormal than talking about
what they're going through.

Also I believe it's very important that people like myself who have
admittedly unorthodox views of theosophy have a forum to discuss those views
with others. It would help however, if one could express an unconventional
view without the absolute foreknowledge (non paranormal) that one is going
to be severely flamed or subjected to inquisitions.

It is my opinion that the worst thing that can happen to ANY group is for
all conversation to be limited to incestuous "preaching to the choir",
that's what causes groups like both Orthodox Theosophists and
Fundamentalists to be so shocked when they discover there is a whole world
out there who doesn't agree with them.

That's why I am so glad that Theos -List isn't affiliated with the TSA or
with any other Theosophical Group and I hope that in time People won't get
flamed for disagreement with the "Party Line" I also am very hopeful that
when it becomes more easily accessible, Alt.theosophy will also provide a
valuable venue.

alexis