Re: Error Condition Re: Re: Why the Drop in the number of Subscribers?

May 23, 1996 11:58 AM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 01:20 PM 5/23/96 -0400, you wrote:
>>I dropped Theos-l because it was a very tight group that did not open up
to new
>>posters. Also, constant arguing about esoterica made for a tedious read and I
>>was gaining no new knowledge.
>>Lynn Oelgart
>>

>     I have a similar response to some of the news groups as well as sheer
>volume.  My joyfully busy days doing what I love doing find Theo-news and
>those posting - a pleasant addition !  Not so !! - for the others.
>
>Where's Alexis !?  - and the Doctor !?
>
>John Antonio Proietti
>

>I'm still here! I want to say something about what Lynn said. I was a
newcomer to this list just a short while ago, and I don't understand what
she means by "a tight group that didn't open up to mew posters"...it
certainly opened wide for me. Maybe there are those who disagree with me,
and with whom I in turn disagree, but when I first joined the list I never
for one moment felt new people weren't welcome. Despite the sometimes "hot"
discussions this is still a very friendly group! There are only one or two
people on the list who have topics upon which they will permit no
disagreement whatsoever.But they're very much the minority.

best wishes

alexis

P.S. By "The Doctor"do you mean Alan or Chuck?