Re: Why the Drop in the number of Subscribers? (fwd)

May 23, 1996 06:57 AM
by m.k. ramadoss

Blavatsky Foundation wrote:

> Total number of subscribers as of Dec. 20, 1995
>
> Theos-l                         98
> Theos-roots                91
> Theos-news                102
> Theos-buds                 94
>
> Compare the above totals with the following;
>
> Total number of subscribers as of today, Wed., May 22, 1996
>
> Theos-l                         82
> Theos-roots                84
> Theos-news                93
> Theos-buds                 80
>
> Some people on Theos-l have pointed out that the T.S. in Wheaton has been
> losing membership in the last few years.  But it looks like these Theosophical
> forums on the Internet are also losing subscribers.  With more and more people
> on the Internet, you would think we would be gaining in numbers instead of
> losing.
> Is this a seasonal variation?  Theos-l has lost 16 subscribers in the last 5
> months.
>
> DHC

I have left theos-l now because it no longer interests me to spend the time
on it. I didn't join in the first place to end up being drawn into useless
arguments that I can get in my own backyard without much effort. I have tried
to keep out but somehow get involved so as I am not learning anything I
consider useful, there is no point in hanging around. I will stick with theos
news for the odd snippet and the literature that appears from time to time.
It was nice knowing you all but enough is enough.

Bee Brown