Golden Dawn

May 19, 1996 06:24 PM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

Someone asked about this recently, and I have been speaking to our
resident Bristol (UK) expert, R.A.Gilbert, who tells me:

1. The original G.D. fell apart circa 1900-1903 and went into three
factions.

2. A.E.Waite's faction lasted until he dissolved it in 1914.

3. The Stella Matutina survived, and still functions.

4. Alpha & Omega did not last beyond 1930.

5. Recent research has shown him that Regardie made 5=6 so that any
temples founded by him would be viable up to and including that degree.

Please don't anyone take me to task on any of this if opinions differ -
I am simply relaying verbal information.  Bob himself will be publishing
again in due course, and any detailed discussion will have to wait until
then I fear, as he is far to busy to take on a long or detailed
discussion, even with myself - and we are minutes away from each other!

Alan
---------
THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL:
Ancient Wisdom for a New Age