complete understanding

May 18, 1996 07:07 PM
by liesel f. deutsch

>In message <2.2.32.19960517063058.006992fc@mail.deltanet.com>, "Eldon B.
>Tucker" <eldon@theosophy.com> writes
>>until
>>that happy day when we can write so clearly that everyone,
>>of all backgrounds, will gaze upon our words and immediately
>>know what we're saying!
>
>sigh ...
>
>Alan

That's not the epitome we're aiming for. Writing takes lots more time than
thinking. It's when we can read each other's thoughts immediately, that we
might reach immediate understanding. But after being able to read the
thoughts, we must also have acquired the wisdom & empathy to interpret them
exacty as the author meant them. That's as far as I've heard Adam Warcup
visualize. Maybe there are even better modes of communication beyond that.

Liesel