Re: Root Races & Racism

May 18, 1996 03:56 PM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 05:44 PM 5/18/96 -0400, you wrote:

> Jerry (to Eldon)>Who is to say that I won't be black
>	next time around?  Well, if you believe G de P, then I
>	won't be, because that would be a regression backward,
>	but I just can't believe that.

I can't either, it's one of those things that makes me do more than "grit my
teeth".

>Actually, GdP says that the black race is a young and promising race
>and will mix completely with the white race and other races.
>So, I don't think it would be a regression.
>Jinarajadasa and Leadbeater on the other hand state that the black race
>is an old race and in the latter days of their evolution.

But Jinarajadasa and Leadbeater were racists plain and simple, and probably
anti-semites to boot.

>GdP remarks that anyone who observes black people can see that the
>black race is a very vital one and thus *must* be younger than the
>more soberminded white race. It seems to make sense, but again, I'm not
>too comfortable with race-theories and do not think these to be very
>fruitful to our understanding of the spiritual, at least not in this
>current era. Of course there will be many individuals in the black race
>who are more advanced spiritually than most in the white race are and
>vice versa. That's in the scheme of things.

This kind of totally untrue sweeping generalization can only be the result
of almost no experience with individual human beings. To even contemplate
the idea that Africans are less sober-minded or philosophically oriented
than Caucasians (or visa versa) is simply racism, or ignorance, or both! I
would rate Nelson Mandela as much more spiritually advanced than most people
on this planet. He is, I am personally sure, an Adept of high degree.  I
would definitely rate him as higher than G de P because Nelson Mandela has
actually made the world a better place for millions of human beings.

>Eldon>We are all, in  the most basic sense, in the Fifth Root Race.
>
>Jerry>	If the "Fifth Root Race" is Homo-Sapiens, then
>I agree.  But I would still consider discussions about any
>"reminants of the Fourth Root Race" as racist because every
>single person on Earth today is a Homo-Sapien.

That is true and I personally believe the "Root Race Theories" to be the
most harmful and totally negative Theosophical Core Doctrine.

>Yes, and there are always people who like to get rid of those old remnants-
>laggards- that's the inherent danger with this kind of ideas.

And that's the reason, the holocaust!

>Eldon>Failure to acknowledge differences prevents us from
>	>recognizing and striving to acquiring higher qualities.
>
>Jerry>	Of course there are differences, but I would
>	keep them on an individual level, rather than a sexual
>	or racial level.
>
>I would agree on this one.
>
>Martin
>
>I agree with Martin and Jerry, but I guess as an activist, I go much
further in my disapproval.

alexis d.