Re: Alexis on the Mahatma Letters

May 17, 1996 10:46 PM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 11:30 PM 5/17/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Alexis wrote:
>
>"I personally believe that
>the Mahatma Letters may have been completely the work of HPB...."
>

>Charles Marshall did a syntactic investigation into the possibility that
>HPB forged the Mahatma Letters.  His study supports the finding by
>Dr. Harrison that HPB was not the author of the MLs.

You're missing the entire point Daniel; I didn't say she forged the letters,
I simply said that in my view they are entirely her work. This clearly
didn't mean she sat down at a desk with pen and paper and carefully wrote
them out. She was a very advanced psychic, there's a lot of ways she could
have produced them.

>In my historical studies, I have found that many Mahatma Letters were
>received by Sinnett or Olcott or whomever when HPB was hundreds if
>not thousands of miles away.  For example, in 1882, when Olcott was
>in northern India (between Allahabad and Calcutta), he received a
>K.H. letter to be forwarded to Sinnett.  HPB was hundreds of miles away
>at the time at Bombay T.S. headquarters.

Distance and time, are simply no block to the psychic facilities. But I
forgot, you are one of those who doesn't really believe in them.

>Now there is the possibility that HPB psychically produced the letters
>from hundreds of miles away.  But if she could do that, then why not
>a Master by the name of KH or M?

Well Daniel, one very good reason might be because we know that Yelena
Blavatskaya was a real person, while "K.H." and/or "M" might just as easily
be her creations as their letters were. Maybe she wanted to keep herself one
stage removed from being an authority and so presented herself as simply a
representative of two adepts who were simply her alter egos. It is my
opinion that she did this as a blind to keep the public attention away from
real adepts who were far less "magical-mystical" but who would have been
endangered by too much public attention (or any at all). That, at least, is
my considered opinion, you apparently do not feel it is a permissible opinion.

>If anyone wants to read the reports by Harrison and Marshall, I will
>be happy to supply the exact citations and references.

Oh I'm sure you will! The Gods know that the supply of citations is your forte.

>Daniel
>
>P.S.  Is the KH letter received on August 22, 1888 by Olcott ( when he
>was on board ship in the Mediterrean heading for London) the handiwork
>of HPB?  HPB on that date  was in London trying to finish THE SECRET
DOCTRINE.

>Daniel: If you believed in Blavatsky's psychic abilities half so much as
you believe in her writing, you'd know how simple that is for a really
advanced psychic. The trouble is you only believe in the intellectual and
religious side of Blavatsky's life and are terrified of her psychic side. Or
so it seems to me.

alexis