Re: Message from Internet

May 17, 1996 02:49 PM
by Jerry Schueler

> The most important buddhi-manas 'techniques' are called: love, empathy,
>spiritual discernment (discrimination). A sharp intellect, spiritual-oriented
>use of will-power will be important ingredients. Visualization techniques
>can be useful too.
	Actually, I think "sharp intellect" is more an impediment
than a help.  It certainly is not necessary.

>But Raja-yoga practices can include visualization practices. HPB taught
>meditation technique to her students where visualization (use of colors) and
>possibly sounds were  important ingredients. Your Enochian Yoga contains
>such exercises too, I presume?
	Yes.

> I am more or less *convinced* that it is not necessary to travel astrally in
>order to develop spiritual qualities.
	I am not sure what you mean by "travel astrally."  If you mean
visit the astral plane, then I agree.  But I don't know how to develop
spiritually while in the physical body, other than altruism and karma
yoga, which work, but only over many lifetimes.  Sooner or later, one
has to experience spirituality, and this cannot be done in a physical
body (i.e., while in the waking state).

	Jerry S.
	Member, TI