Re: Root Races, Racism, and Reflection

May 17, 1996 12:40 PM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 01:50 PM 5/17/96 -0400, you wrote:

>Oh yes we can, and we are.  Racist "jokes" still circulate in abundance.
>In England the victimes are most often Pakistani or Irish - and
>sometimes White American.  In London, racial attacks upon Asians
>(usually from the Indian continent) are sometimes violent and homicidal.
>The fact that an increasing number of ethnic minority people were born
>and bred in this country does not make any difference.
>
>Alan
>---------
>THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL:
>Ancient Wisdom for a New Age
>TI@nellie2.demon.co.uk
>http://www.garlic.com/~rdon/TI.html
>
>Alan:

You know,many years ago when I first went to live in England and "The
continent", I suffered much disopprobrium as an "American" for our
institutionalized racism and violence. The hard part was I couldn't deny a
word of it. All of my tormentors were so pround of their absolute lack of
racial prejudice etc. ...well, now the worm has turned, the shoe, as they
say, is on the other foot. In England, the Empire has come home to roost and
the ordinary English hate it, and hate those who do not look like them. In
Northern Europe the "guest workers" have stayed to become unwanted and hated
minorities. The violence equals and in some cases surpasses the American
version. And it is perhaps good to remind Europeans that what goes on at
Soccar (football) matches is unparalleled in America. There is a temptation
to gloat and say "well, you guys are no better than us", but unfortunately
all I can do is feel frustrated at the fact that the battle is almost as far
from won as ever, and that means everywhere.

alexis