Root Races, Racism, and Reflection

May 17, 1996 06:41 AM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

In message <2.2.32.19960517063051.0069108c@mail.deltanet.com>, "Eldon B.
Tucker" <eldon@theosophy.com> writes
>5. We cannot be judged by the physical bodies that we
>   occupy. Having an American Indian body, for instance,
>   does not limit us from fully participating in any
>   cultural context.

Oh yes we can, and we are.  Racist "jokes" still circulate in abundance.
In England the victimes are most often Pakistani or Irish - and
sometimes White American.  In London, racial attacks upon Asians
(usually from the Indian continent) are sometimes violent and homicidal.
The fact that an increasing number of ethnic minority people were born
and bred in this country does not make any difference.

Alan
---------
THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL:
Ancient Wisdom for a New Age