Re: (Enochian) magic, etc., Richard Ihle

May 16, 1996 04:48 PM
by Martin_Euser

Richard> In my own continued meditative practice, as my desires have faded
and I am more often stabilized in the mental and "Diffused" states of
consciousnesses, I have found that I have a greatly diminished aptitude and
inclination for forming inner images etc.  Thus, before I started reading
you, I was always quick to say that it would surprise me if further
development suddenly involved a sudden reverse back toward the same type of
inner experience it took so long to overcome.

Martin: I never was very good at visualization, being too abstract in mind
for that
maybe. Yet I like to try to do some exercises to see what happens with
concrete images. I did some simple visualization with tarot-cards, but noticed
that my mind started to drift away from such concrete images fairly soon.

BTW, I'm pretty sure there are transcendental forms that can be perceived by
the higher manas. Also, I think that higher manas is capable of forming
abstract images or forms, which cannot be done in the kama-manas state of
mind, of course.
What do you think?

Richard> P.S.:  I was the happiest of men the other day:  I actually found a
place (in COLLECTED WRITINGS, p.53) where HPB  puts *Buddhi* in parenthesis as a
synonym for *Spirit*.

Yes, and this Spirit is present in every being as a ray of the Silent Watcher,
the Supreme Self of our hierarchy of existence. This may very well be the most
holy teaching of the Secret Doctrine, Richard..

GdP gives some basic explanation of this in his ~Fundamentals of the
Esoteric Philosophy~. He explains that every human being can 'climb up along
this ray',
exploring ever deeper levels of the spirit.

Martin