Re: public image of a barbarian (to alex)

May 16, 1996 03:19 PM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 08:46 AM 5/15/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Alex,
>It may be that I don't get mad as quick as you do which given the nature of
>my temper is just as well.  I am told it is something the survivors rarely
>forget even after 20 years of counseling and powerful medication.  Other than
>that, maybe it's a question of style and the amount of words we use.  Beyond
>that I don't know.
>The truth is you are a much nicer person than I am, but it could be that
>being as cynical as I am it is easier to sound funny.
>
>Chuck the Atrocious MTI, FTSA
>Heretic
>Troublemaker
>
>Chuck:

It's taken me all this while to avoid getting physical when I get mad. That
took a lot of learning and self-discipline but after my years as a
"special combat" instructor in Special Forces, I had to learn it. I was only
capable of killing, and that "without working up a sweat". So what I was
worried about is that there wouldn't BE any "survivors".

As to "Style", oh well, I'm an aristocrat, and that's what and how I am, and
American's hate it. But with me, "what you see is what you get", people say
I'm a "miserable bastard" or an "arrogant son of a bitch" (and I won't even
attempt to deny the "arrogant bit), but no one has ever even thought about
saying I was ever untruthful, or dishonest, or unreliable, or untrustworthy,
and I'll happily accept that reputation even if it means taking the other
along with it. I won't presume to discuss the "nicer" business, but I am no
stand-up comic. Just too damn serious.

alexis