Re: "We" against "Them"

May 16, 1996 04:34 AM
by Michelle Donald

Hi ....doss

> In spite of the heavy traffic, to this day I am yet to see a single
> elected official/officer at the National Level of TSA as well as from
> other countries, join in on *any* topic.

How about past officers? I know of at least 4 who are on this list
(from outside the USA) I have seen at least two Wheaton employees on
the list.

> It is a pity that anyone who uses modern technology such as telephone, fax
> and travel by auto and airplanes does not seem appropriate to use e-mail
> list dealing with theosophy. As far as e-mail list on theosophy is concerned,
> theos-xxxx is the *only* game in the world at this time and let us not
> overlook this.
>
> Any comments?

Firstly, your post does raise speculation and unfortunately a jumping
to conclusions conspiracy will no doubt result.

I have worked at an IS person for some time now and have been to and
worked at Wheaton, so it would seem to me that just like
orgainzations outside of the TS people is people. Most people dont
make the most of their computer systems for many reasons. Most IS
departments dont have time to encourage better use of the same.

Hence it seems that THEY dont want to know about US. If we walked a
few steps in their shoes I think we could all agree that TIME and
PRIORITIES are the issue here for many elected officers, regardless
of their actual abilities.

Apart from this, this list is very time consuming and if you can't be
here on a regular basis it is hard to do the list justice.

Many CEO's and MD's get their secretaries to look after their email -
sadly making it a far less effective tool. :-(

On your other comment re this being the *only* game on the net - I
believe there is a Lodge on line that meets to discuss various
papers. Or at least when I can across it in March this year it was.

Have anyone on the list participated in Theosophy Online? The ime
zone is a problem down here. :-(

BFN
OOROO
Michelle

michelle@zip.com.au
Get On-Line Internet Training and Database Services
http://www.arch.unsw.edu.au/netcourse/