Where is the brain?

May 16, 1996 12:10 PM
by Bee Brown

This article just came on my news article and I was so sad that they will
spend so much money on the wrong end of the cliff. Just think what it would
do if spent to help the psychologically impaired back to health and then
these people wouldn't go berserk in the comunity. Sounds like a political
ploy to me and another example of resource wastage. $400 million would treat
a lot of disturbed people who would not then be desperate enough to resort to
guns.

 Australian Prime Minister John Howard announced 1 year increase in
  national health insurance tax to help pay for gun buy-back.
    - unprecedented national gun crackdown prompted by Port Arthur
      massacre.
    - $400 million buy-back program will cost average wage earner
      $1.12 a week for one year.

   Bee Brown
   Member TSNZ,Wanganui Branch.
   Theos Int & L