Re: Netiquette

May 15, 1996 05:43 AM
by Drpsionic

Alex,
collections don't get hollered on:
No, these folks operate under the assumption that books should be sold by the
pound.  The longer something is, the more they assume it has great
significance and thus must be tolerated for its great, albeit usually hidden,
wisdom.  Short postings, on the other hand, lack the proper amount of letters
per word to be considered to be of much value.
I having learned to write as a young radio reporter in college when every
word meant air time, find this particularly distressing as I am used to being
able to say as much as possible with as few words as possible, a situation
often condemned by learned theosophists such as his supreme wordiness Ken
Wilbur, before whose altar of total verbiage all true seekers after the truth
of verbology must do obesiance and supplication, with all humility and the
appropriate sacrifice of ghee and small children, served with a nice orange
sauce and crabmeat stuffing, while burning incense and taking strange drugs
along with copious draughts of wine, followed by the general copulation of
the assemble masses before going on jihad against the unholy brief ones.
In any event, I suggest we do the appropriate penance and make our
conversations into book-length manuscripts which will undoubtedly find favor
in the sight of our more wise and holy brethren.
I doubt they will get the point but it sure was fun writing it.

Chuck the Atrocious MTI, FTSA
Heretic
Troublemaker