Re: Redfield's Books

May 15, 1996 00:04 AM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 08:30 PM 5/14/96 -0400, you wrote:

>	I have heard this from several other people now.  I just read
>the two books myself, and was struck by the theosophical implications
>in both.  Why is it that so many people can read these two books, and
>like what they read, while discounting theosophy as cultist or fringe?
>
>	Jerry S.
>	Member, TI
>

>Jerry:

I read those books and I found them good science fantasy and not so good
"pop Spirituality". They are making Redfield a ton of money and that, I am
afraid, was the motivation beyond their writing. Most of this stuff would
never exist without the inspiration of theosophy.There would be no "New Age"
movement at all if the T.S. hadn't given them their basic mythology. I think
that the majority of people don't like Theosophy itself, because they might
have to do some of the work themselves. So many of these type new age books
preach the gospel of "Deus ex Machina" or "let someone else do your evolving
for you!"

alexis