Re: Golden Dawn & Enochian Magic question

May 14, 1996 11:03 PM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 05:18 PM 5/14/96 -0400, you wrote:

>Hi Theos-l fellows. How have things been going? It's been a while.
>
>I noticed the mentioning of Aleister Crowley in a recent posting.
>This reminded me of the famous order of the Golden Dawn.
>Does anyone know what has become of it? I mean, I've read their homepage,
>but am not sure whether this order has regenerated itself from the many
>troubles in the past or not. Is this a truely spiritual order - a true
>mysteryschool - like they claim - or not?
>
>Who has any experience with this order? Jerry Schueler maybe?

Martin: I have had experience with more than one "Order of The Golden Dawn"
Including "The New Reformed Order Of The Golden Dawn" IN Berkeley California
which makes no pretense at all to being a serious magical order. They at
least are honest, which is a positive thing. The other Groups of people I
have encountered calling themselves Golden Dawn are on "head trips"....I do
not think there has been any really valid Ceremonial Magic going on under
that name in a long long time, lot's of ceremony but almost no magic. They
are certainly NOT a "Mystery School" they do not meet any of the criteria.

alexis d.