Re: Comparing Auras

May 14, 1996 10:03 AM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 07:21 PM 5/13/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Alex,
>It can be very difficult to reconcile our differing views of these things.
> My experience says one thing and yours another.  I, because of my research,
>perceive the universe as a value-free (at least in any human terms)
>collection of energies that does not care what we do with them as long as we
>do something.

Wrong again! Hey Chuck, you're publishing my book! You know, better than
anyone but myself that I know the cosmos per se is absolutely value free.
Where we differ is that I am certain that the "Value-free" aspect is
irrelevant on the physical levels of the infinite realities, and those of us
who are capable of operating in more realities than one have a
responsibility to make the physical milieu a more productive venue for the
evolution of intelligence.

>You, due to your experience, see it in a much different light.  Hence you
>take responsibility very seriously and I reject it out of hand.

You will take it seriously, never fear, I guarantee it. Wait and see.

>Likewise, as a historian, I see no mystical element to the ruling families.

That Chuck, is because you have absolutely no idea at all how and why they
became ruling families except that you know the socio-political rationale
that became popular in the last three centuries. It's not a "mystical
element" at all, it's a genetic element, it's not at all social, it's
racial. The only reason Chuck that you have such a "problem" with so-called
"Ruling Families" is not that they are what they are, but that you aren't.
I'll bet any kind of money that if it were discovered that you were the
Great-Great Grandson of Napoleon Bonaparte, your entire attitude on the
subject would change. No common-born is capable of a rational attitude
toward Royalty. Nor do we expect it.

 I have always viewed them as military dictators in funny suits with a lot of
>ceremonial that only served to mask the bloody truth and the "divinity that
>doth hedge a king," to paraphrase, superstitious nonsense.  The problem for
>them came when they started to believe it themselves.

Wrong again, the problem for them began when they stopped believing it
themselves, and when they rejected the ultimate responsibility. when rulers
became nothing more than Military dictators (the suits were simply
fashionable) then they lost the right to the power. This decline began with
Gaius Julius Caesar. Christianity made the eventual collapse of monarchy
inevitable.

I think these things are areas where we will have to agree to disagree.

Oh, I will happily agree to disagree with you, and in time, you'll find out
why. And then, we'll both laugh a lot.

>Chuck the Atrocious MTI, FTSA
>Heretic
>Troublemaker

Good talking to you tonight. That call was my good friend Cheryl the Wiccan
asking me to take her to the airport because her Dad had died.

alexis, The Widow's son>