Re: The Ram Dass qoute in Dzogchen (Jerry S.)

May 13, 1996 08:17 PM
by Kelly Yi

"Thanks are absurd.  Does the right hand thank the left hand?  You can do
nothing for me but work on yourself.  I can do nothing for you but work
on myself."             --Ram Dass

A very insightful and revealing quote.
Who is you?  Who is me?  Are we different?  When you close your eyes and
are unaware of the senses and the flux of thought ceases and I close my
eyes and are unaware of the senses and my flux of thought ceases, are we
different?  Aren't two things with *all* the same aspects the same
thing?  True compassion comes about only when all others are seen as your
Self.  Just some food for thought or non thought.
                                                 --N,O
                                                   the immature egoist