Netiquette

May 13, 1996 09:17 AM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

In message <199605130128.LAA29588@zipper.zip.com.au>, Michelle Donald
<michelle@zip.com.au> writes
>I believe the point ....doss was making, is that many internet users
>(nothing to do with the board -  whatever that is) pay for time on
>line or for bandwidth used and hence off-topic messages cost that
>individual money. While that may not be an issue for some is is very
>real to others. We are part of this global community on this list.
>
>I believe that both ....doss and myself are coming from a
>consideration and compassionate point of view and I hope our comments
>are taken as such.

Lately I have tried to keep my own postings down a bit. I read on medit-
l that there are some folk out there who are on services that charge *by
the message* - a sobering thought.  Sure, they could change service
providers, if the option is available where they live, but we don't know
about that, do we.

In sympathy with your viewpoint,

Alan
---------