Re: Nobody Knows? (Reply to Chuck)

May 13, 1996 00:32 AM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 01:06 AM 5/13/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Alex,
>Michelles (sorry about the mistype) was an Italian political theorist at the
>turn of the 20th century who posited that any organization, no matter how
>democratic it claimed to be, would have a ruling oligarchy in fact running
>it.
>
>Chuck the Atrocious MTI, FTSA
>Heretic
>Troublemaker
>
>Well THAT'S totally obvious! Even anarchic societies (a contradiction no?)
have an oligarchic ruling clique. I can't think of a so-called Democracy
that doesn't. In fact any Government but a totally absolute Monarchy is an
oligarchy. By "totally absolute monarchy" I mean rulers of the Tsengis Kahn
and Ivan IVth type. Even Peter The Great and Frederick the Great were
severely limited by their oligarchies.

alexis