Re: higher powers

May 13, 1996 07:23 PM
by Bee Brown

Richtay@aol.com wrote:

> Richard Ihle writes,
>
> > Rich Taylor writes>
> > >But I think everyone on the board will admit that psychic (and other)
> powers
> > >NECESSARILY arise when one gets involved in spiritual development.
> >
> > Richard Ihle writes>
> > Rich, you must know by now that it is doubtful that *everyone* on this
> board
> > will admit to anything someone else says they will admit to.
>
> Yes, good point.  I was trying to be conciliatory.  I think I were to expand
> the statement you quoted, I would say "When one has gone down the road of
> spiritual development quite a long ways, unusual powers are sure to
> manifest."
>
> This, I confess, is from my UNDERSTANDING of various world religions, not
> from PERSONAL experience.  I myself have no advanced spiritually, and I
> certainly have no unusual powers.

If I may use this post to ask a question? Why is it that practically all
Schizophrenics I know and have heard off take up religion? In all their
various forms and guises. My own agnostic daughter ended up getting
baptised in the Anglican Church and then later fell out with them and
tried else where. I have some that visit the Lodge and quote the Bible
chapter and verse and seem almost desperate in their need to be
religiously convincing.
--

   Bee Brown
   Member TSNZ,Wanganui Branch.