Re: Adyar leadership

May 12, 1996 10:50 PM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 09:30 PM 5/12/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi Alexis
>>
>> I should be extremely interested to find out exactly what "rules" the
>> Russians refused to comply with. I understand it was some of these Adyar
>> Instituted "Rules" that caused the Canadian Section to be bounced. I have
>
>I understand that they didnt comply with the requirements of a
>section.

I want to know specifically which "requirements" they didn't comply with. I
know the Canadians got in trouble for complying with Canadian Government
Regulations.

>> always been under the impression that the only qualification required for
>> membership in The Theosophical society was that one "supported or agreed
>> with, the Three Objects".
>
>This is the rules for an individual member to join. There are a set
>of rules both Internationally and Nationally that set out the
>requirements that allow any group or body to call itself the TS.

When, and by whom, were these "rules" and "regulations" established.

>> Russians, if they support the three objects, and we all know that they do,
>
>I wonder how we all know this - I know none of these folk myself and
>cant say that I know what they as individuals think on any matter let
>alone the three objects. The problem as I understand it isnt with the
>individuals and their individual commitment but rather with the
>groups rules and regulations.

Well, in the first place they've risked life and limb to remain what they
call theosophists, that would<I believe, give us ample reason to assume they
support the three objects. I do know of one individual member, a young man
named Arkady who visited me from Ukraine. His parents taught him about
Theosophy from books they had hidden for years and had received from their
parents. I think they deserve the benefit of the doubt. Now, I must ask for
specificity..What is wrong with the groups rules and regulations?

>> and have at great risk for a long time, and if they consider themselves
>> theosophists, and they do, well then, they are theosophists and nothing
>> Radha Burnier or Joy Mills or anyone else can do can change that even one
iota.

>I agree, being a Theosophist is a state of being, and does not
>necessarily have anything to do with whether one is a member or not
>of the Theosophical Society (which ever branch).
>
>BFN
>OOROO
>Michelle

>michelle@zip.com.au
>Get On-Line Internet Training and Database Services
>http://www.arch.unsw.edu.au/netcourse/

My point is this, has Adyar no compassion? No Empathy? Cannot one easily
imagine how these people feel after 78 years of oppression and hiding they
finally are free and then they are abruptly rejected by some Theosophical
Apparatchik? They've had far too much of Apparatchiks!

alexis>