Re: Comparing Auras

May 10, 1996 11:40 AM
by Jerry Schueler

Eldon:
> There are a lot of secondary sources for information
>about people. The colors in their auras is only one
>such source.
	This is exactly what I was saying, Eldon.  I
can "read" their auras just by reading their writings that
they left behind.  What a person writes tells us as much
about them as looking at their auras.  For example, the
three volumes of Echoes of the Orient tells me more
about Judge than someone's biography ever could.

>I'd take exception to the idea that only Blavatsky was
>connected to the Masters and their work, and later
>leaders in the theosophical movement were not.
	I never said such a thing.  I never mentioned
Masters.  Whether someone "was connected" to Masters
or not says nothing about their aura.  APS was so connected,
but I can't see his aura was at all like HPBs.

>While I fully recognize the wide diversity of views
>on theos-l, and have even seen at times a complete
>dismissal of the theosophical doctrines, I'll have
>to respond that from my standpoint, de Purucker is
>a bona fide Teacher in the same regard as Blavatsky
>was. I consider this the truth, and feel that I must
>come to his defense, at times, when everyone that
>followed HPB is casually dismissed, painted with the
>same brush as secondary and insignificant.
	There are exceptions, and G de P was
clearly one of them IMO.  But I don't put him on the same
plane as Blavatsky.  Why not add Judge and Tingley as
well?  Personally, I would have to include James Long
to your list of "bona fide Teacher" in as much as he was
my own Teacher.  His aura was beautiful.  But Alexis,
Chuck, and I see a difference between Teacher and
Adept.

	Jerry S.
	Member, TI