Re: sister/brotherhood as a fact

May 08, 1996 09:22 PM
by JRC

On Wed, 8 May 1996, Eldon B. Tucker wrote:

> This reminds me of a great quote that you gave the list last year, during
> another round of discussions with the psychics, where they were repeating
> their claim that only they could understand what is going on. Your quote
> said something to the effect:
	Er, was that before or after the intellectuals implied possession
of a certain "way of knowing" that gave them insight beyond second-hand
information they had read in books, and allowed them to claim knowledge
of something with which they hadn't even the vaguest experience - and
then of course catagorically declined any demonstration that would permit
people to judge whether their "wisdom" was as "subjective" as that of the
"psychics"? Oh, that's right, they don't need to live up the standards
they hold "psychics" to - as their wisdom is "objective". And you know
its true because they say so.
								-JRC