Re: Big Bang Two (poss. dup.)

May 08, 1996 05:59 PM
by Jerry Schueler

RI:
>I wonder what would happen if some individuals followed this instruction and
>then came to the sincere conclusion that HPB's elaborate exposition of
>Anthropogenesis, in particular, was not primarily meant to be taken
>*literally* by advanced students?

	My guess would be a very big food fight between traditionalists
and the 'Gang.'

>What would happen if many came to believe that the "biggest blind" of them
>all is that "Globes," "Rounds," "Root Races" etc. are not to be taken as
>actual "translifetime details," but rather, merely as symbolic
>representations in the Grandest Psychological Allegory of all times?  What if
>the next deeper layer of the "Principal Theosophical Doctrine" in THE SECRET
>DOCTRINE is not found to be concerned with what might have happened pre- or
>post-incarnation, but that it pertains to a hitherto largely "hidden"
>psychogenetic ("psychomaturational") process in the life of each individual?

	As "many" came to believe this, then this would become
the traditionalist point of view, and those who thought it all literally
true would be the revisionists.
	Actually, because of the maxims that man is the microcosm
of the macrocosm, and 'as above so below', the principles outlined in
the SD for Root Races should be applicable to every one of us over
our lifespan.

>  Would general acceptance require something more than someone's bringing
>forth the right "Psychological Key," or would it be necessary to have the
>Theosophical equivalent of Big Bang Two in order to blow the lock off
>entirely?
	No matter who came out with the "right" psychological key, only
a few would accept it as such.  I am afraid that a Big Bang two is in order
here.

	Jerry S.
	Member, TI