Re: HPB's sources

May 07, 1996 10:14 PM
by Richtay

Kim writes,

>    Actually a team of theosophists developing linguistic capabilities and
> using a scholarly approach could do wonders to theosophy. The internet will

> make such a thing possible.

Yes, I agree.  I would point out that this is exactly what David Reigle in
Colorado has attempted in forming his Eastern School of Theosophy -- a
training ground for Theosophists to do research into their own roots, and
present this research effectively to the public.

It seems to me that the more we can legitimize HPB to the public, thoe more
the existing scholars will take an interest in what you and I are talking
about.  In the meantime, there's just the few of us that there are.

Yes, I am taking more Sanskrit.  I hate it though, which makes me a very poor
student.  Sadly, my Tibetan is WORSE.  What to do?

I'm thinking of taking time off my program to go live with David Reigle, take
his course, and get really good at both languages.  We'll see if that's a
possibility.