Re: HPB's sources(2)

May 07, 1996 02:45 AM
by Kim Poulsen

Alexis:
>HPB was perfectly correct in her total rejection of Tantra. In the past
many
>years I have associated with many valid and "advanced" Indian Teachers
>including Sri Aurobindo and some of Yogananda's original disciples and
>they all agree that Tantra is harmful and foolish.

Alexis,

I will have to add a few comments to my own previous posting. What we are
discussing is a possible text given that heading in the tibetan canon. It
will have nothing to do with the tantrika systems of yoga  - or the
translation is done with "a metaphysical key"  - see Col.W. XII p. 606.
This is very  possible both in tibetan and sanskrit. Fx the writings of
Nagarjuna can -

a) when translated in a general way appear to be a few logic investigations
in the lack of self-being (svabhava) of manifestations.
b) when translated as treating on metaphysical subjects as treatises of the
origination of differentiated elements in the One Element (in the form of
svabhavat).

Translations of eastern works are actually more interpretations and much is
in the eye of the beholder.

In friendship,

Kim